2 Days Hin Tok River Camp At Hell Fire Pass
Bangkok- Kanchanaburi- Bangkok
Hellfire Pass is a long railway cutting and memorial walk, and takes its name from the hellish looking lights and shadows that were generated by the fires that the WW2 prisoners of war used when working at night on what was to be known as the Death Railway from Thailand through to Myanmar.
Walk along the trail along the original rail bed and see the beautiful Khwae Noi valley overlooking Myanmar.
The highlights of this tour include: The War Museum (Thailand-Burma Railway Centre), War Cemetery, River Kwai Bridge, Hell Fire Pass Memorial, Mon Tribal Village, Death Railway Train and Luxury Tented Camp.Show More
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 2 Days Hin Tok River Camp At Hell Fire Pass starting from 2017-11-01 to 2018-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2017-11-01
Start From : 2018-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK—KANCHANABURI—HIN TOK RIVER CAMP [-/L/D]
Meet and greet the tour guide on arrival at the pre-arranged meeting point and depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok).
Visit the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air-conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit the Allied War Cemetery, resting-place for more than 6,000 Allied prisoners of war (POWs). Visit the world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
Arrive at Hin Tok River Camp.
p.m. Check–in and enjoy lunch at the Hin Tok River Camp.
Visit the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum which is dedicated to those 15,000 Australians and other Allied Prisoners of War and over 100,000 Asian labourers who suffered and died at Hellfire Pass and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region during WW2. Then trek along the walking trails from Hell Fire Pass to Hin Tok Station to be later picked up by minivan and taken back to the camp.
p.m. In the late afternoon you can go on a mountain bike ride to visit a village or a farm near the camp.
Evening Enjoy dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Overnight at Kanchanaburi.
DAY 2 KANCHANABURI—BANGKOK [B/L/-]
Greet the tour guide at the Camp and take an early morning bike ride across a hanging bridge to the temple for merit making by giving food to the monks.
Enjoy breakfast at the Camp restaurant.
Check out and take a long–tailed boat to get to the River Kwai Jungle Rafts to visit the ethnic Mon Tribal Village.
Take a one-hour elephant ride to visit a Mon Village.
Extra: เธฟ1,800 Baht per elephant (two people per elephant).
p.m. Depart the ethnic Mon Tribal Village for lunch at a local Thai restaurant.
Take a historic ride on the Death Railway Train passing over the original wooden viaducts constructed by Allied POWs.
At the end of the tour your guide will transfer you back to the pre-arranged location in Bangkok.
- Joint tour with minimum 2 persons.
- Guaranteed daily departures with English-speaking guide, meals as included in the tour programme.
- Hin Tok Camp Site, 109 Moo9, Tambon Tasao, Amphur Sai Yoke, Kanchanaburi 70150. Tel.: (081) 2156402
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road and weather conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Accommodation in airconditioned Safari Style Canvas Tent (4x5x2.5m.) with modern toilet facilities, hot & cold shower and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by airconditioned minibus with English speaking guide.
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours.
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.
2 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts