3 Days River Kwai Resotel
Kanchanburi province is Thailand ‘s third largest. Largely undeveloped, it features a difficult and sometimes harsh mountain range along its border with Myanmar.
This trip will reveal not only the local life, but also some of its history.
Visit the interesting War Museum (Thailand-Burma Railway Centre) as well as the War Cemetery with over 6000 graves of allied prisoners. Cross over the famous River Kwai Bridge (pronounced and written Khwae, like the word square), a wooden and steel slatted viaduct. The centre of the bridge
was destroyed by Allied bombs in 1945 so today only the outer curved spans are original.
Learn about the prisoners' hardship at the Hell Fire Pass Memorial. Hike to a local Mon Tribal Village and enjoy a colourful Mon dance presentation.Show More
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 3 Days River Kwai Resotel starting from 2017-11-01 to 2018-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2017-11-01
Start From : 2018-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK—KANCHANABURI—RIVER KWAI RESOTEL [-/L/D]
Meet the tour guide on arrival at the pre-arranged meeting point and transfer to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok).
Arrive Kanchanaburi province
Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience.
Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place.
Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to River Kwai Resotel. Check–in and enjoy lunch upon arrival at the Resotel restaurant.
Take an exciting boat ride upstream to visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village.
Take one-hour elephant riding to visit Mon Village.
Extra: Baht 1,800.- per elephant (two people per elephant).
At the end of the tour your guide will then transfer you back to the resort.
Enjoy dinner at the Resotel restaurant, followed by a 45-minute presentation of Mon Danc.
Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
DAY 2 RIVER KWAI RESOTEL [B/L/D]
a.m. Enjoy breakfast at the Resotel restaurant.
Meet the tour guide at the resort lobby and then take an exciting boat ride downstream to Resotel Pier and continue on to visit to the Hellfire Pass Memorial.
Enjoy lunch at a local Thai restaurant.
p.m. After lunch visit a Herbal Garden and enjoy jungle trekking in the forest.
After the tour your guide will transfer you back to the Resotel.
Enjoy dinner at the Hotel restaurant.
Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
DAY 3 RIVER KWAI RESOTEL—BANGKOK [B/L/-]
Enjoy breakfast at the Hotel restaurant and spend the morning at leisure. Greet the tour guide after check out and transfer to a local Thai restaurant for Lunch.
Take in the afternoon a historic ride on the Death Railway Train passing over the original wooden and steel slatted viaduct constructed by Allied POWs during WWII.
At the end of the tour your guide will transfer you to the pre-arranged location in Bangkok.
- Guaranteed daily departures on joint tour with English-speaking guide at a minimum of 2 persons.
- Guaranteed daily departures on private tour with multilingual guide.
- River Kwai Resotel, 55 Moo 5, Wang Kachae, Sai Yok, Kanchanaburi 71150. Tel.: & Fax: (01) 2156402
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road and weather conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Accommodation in airconditioned room with shower and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by airconditioned car/minibus/coach with multilingual guide for private tour (Joint tour with English speaking guide only)
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours.
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.