3 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts
Kanchanburi province is Thailand ‘s third largest. Largely undeveloped, it features a difficult and sometimes harsh mountain range along its border with Myanmar.
This trip will reveal not only the local life, but also some of its history.
Visit the interesting War Museum (Thailand-Burma Railway Centre) as well as the War Cemetery with over 6000 graves of allied prisoners. Cross over the famous River Kwai Bridge (pronounced and written Khwae, like the word square), a wooden and steel slatted viaduct. The centre of the bridge
was destroyed by Allied bombs in 1945 so today only the outer curved spans are original.
Learn about the prisoners' hardship at the Hell Fire Pass Memorial. Enjoy the colorful Mon dance presentation and hike to a local Mon Tribal Village.Show More
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 3 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts starting from 2015-11-01 to 2016-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2015-11-01
Start From : 2016-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK—KANCHANABURI—RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS HOTEL [-/L/D]
Meet the tour guide on arrival at the pre-arranged meeting point and transfer to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok).
Arrive at the Kanchanaburi province.
Visit the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience.
Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place.
Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to the River Kwai Jungle Rafts hotel. Check–in and enjoy lunch at the hotel restaurant upon arrival.
Take an exciting boat ride downstream to the Resotel Pier and continue to visit to the Hellfire Pass Memorial. Then trek along the walking trails from Hell Fire Pass to Hin Tok Station to be later picked up by minivan and taken back to the camp.
Enjoy dinner at the hotel restaurant, followed by a 45–minute presentation of traditional Mon Dances.
Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
DAY 2 RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS HOTEL [B/L/D]
a.m Enjoy breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
Visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village and go jungle trekking in the local area.
Take one-hour elephant ride to visit a Mon Village.
Extra: เธฟ1,800 Baht per elephant (two people per elephant).
p.m Enjoy lunch at a local Thai restaurant and spend the afternoon at leisure.
Dinner will be served at the Hotel.
Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
DAY 3 RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS—BANGKOK [B/L/-]
a.m. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant and spend the morning at leisure .
Greet the guide after Check out and transfer to a local Thai Restaurant for lunch.
Take in the afternoon a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over the original wooden and steel slatted viaduct constructed by Allied POWs during WWII.
At the end of the tour your guide will transfer you to the pre-arranged location in Bangkok.
HOTEL ADDRESS :
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts, 55 Moo 5, Wang Kachae, Sai Yok, Kanchanaburi 71150. Tel.: (01) 2124341
- Guaranteed daily departures on joint tour with English-speaking guide at a minimum of 2 persons.
- Guaranteed daily departures on private tour with multilingual guide.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Accommodation at the River Kwai Jungle Rafts with shower (but no electricity) and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by airconditioned car/minibus/coach with multilingual guide for private tour (joint tour with English speaking guide only)
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours.
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road and weather conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.
2 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts