2 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts
This trip will reveal not only the local life, but also some of its history.
Visit the interesting War Museum (Thailand-Burma Railway Centre) as well as the War Cemetery with over 6000 graves of allied prisoners. View the famous River Kwai Bridge, a wooden viaduct, and learn about the prisoners' hardship at the Hell Fire Pass Memorial. Enjoy the colorful Mon dance presentation and hike to a local Mon Tribal Village.Show More
Asian Trails Thailand offers special tours for Bangkok and excellent rates for the 2 Days River Kwai Jungle Rafts starting from 2017-11-01 to 2018-10-31 including all taxes and service charges.
Tours are operated with English speaking guidance only; other languages are on request and are subject to supplementary charges.
Start From : 2017-11-01
Start From : 2018-10-31
Tour Package Itinerary
DAY 1 BANGKOK—KANCHANABURI—RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS [-/L/D]
|06.00-06.30||Pick up from major hotel in Bangkok downtown area. Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok)|
|09.00||Arrive Kanchanaburi province
Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway.
The fully air–conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience
Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place.
Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
|12.30||Take a long–tailed boat on River Kwai to River Kwai Jungle Rafts. Check–in and have lunch upon arrival.|
|14.45||Take a long–tailed boat downstream to Resotel Pier and continue on road to visit to the Hellfire Pass Memorial. Then return to the rafts.|
|19.00||Dinner followed by a 45–minute presentation of traditional Mon Dance and overnight at the RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS.|
DAY 2 RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS—BANGKOK [B/L/-]
|08.30||Visit nearby ethnic Mon Tribal Village and jungle trekking|
|11.40||Lunch at local restaurant.|
|13.00||Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs.|
|14.30||Journey back to Bangkok|
|18.00||Arrive at Bangkok and transfer to hotels.|
HOTEL ADDRESS :
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts, 55 Moo 5, Wang Kachae, Sai Yok, Kanchanaburi 71150. Tel.: (01) 2124341
- Guaranteed daily departures on joined tour with English-speaking guide at a minimum of 2 persons.
- Guaranteed daily departures on private tour with multilingual guide.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Accommodation at the River Kwai Jungle Rafts with shower (but no electricity) and meals as mentioned in the program.
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by air-conditioned car/minibus/coach with multilingual guide for private tour (joined tour with English speaking guide only)
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICES ARE:
- Optional tours.
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road and weather conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%) or any other government taxes or fuel cost be introduced or raised within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
Alternative Package Tours
The following Tours are available and can be booked now.